2023-W13-6, 2023-091, Sat
- 24:38-07 (08:39+00): Baltakatei created Gourmet Race in order to record links to performances of the song using Kanipan's lyrics.
2023-W13-7, 2023-092, Sun
2023-W14-1, 2023-093, Mon
2023-W14-2, 2023-094, Tue
- 16:40-07 (23:40+00): Saw my 2023-03-13 post to the FreedomBox Discourse forum was replied to by James Valleroy who made an issue on the salsa.debian.org FreedomBox repository..
2023-W14-3, 2023-095, Wed
2023-W14-4, 2023-096, Thu
2023-W14-5, 2023-097, Fri
- 13:35-07 (20:35+00): Made a post on Reddit identifying the game in which a blonde man named Leon (Leon Scott Kennedy) ate raw eggs, fish, and snakes to the visible discomfort of a blonde person wearing orange (Ashley Graham (Resident Evil)). Apparently the new 2023 re-make of Resident Evil 4 has given Leon the ability to eat vipers.
2023-W14-6, 2023-098, Sat
- 21:49-07 (04:49+00): Imported Beyond the Frontier: Dreadnaught, Beyond the Frontier: Invincible, and The Lost Fleet glossary from bk4.
- (09:30+00): Created Shadowstone Park to record details I saw while watching the series by Jason Steele.
2023-W14-7, 2023-099, Sun
- 10:34-07 (17:34+00): I fixed a broken ref on the Wikipedia article for Soul cake. I had to dig into the Internet Archive using the reference quote's author's name and some details from the quote itself since Google didn't bring up search results matching the quote (since the original page is gone). Some manual digging through a church's blog's Internet Archive snapshots helped me find the missing url for the dead blog post.
- (07:52+00): I created the page “Bibliographic identifiers” to record some notes to help me differentiate a OCLC ID from an OCLC work ID from a WorldCat Entities ID (all identifiers spawned by the OCLC organization); the proliferation of so many identifier domains makes me want to prefer schemes used by Open Library, the Internet Archive, or just straight-up Wikidata entity IDs.
- (09:31+00): Saw that the GitWeb high resource usage from web crawlers requesting snapshots issue I mentioned on 2023-03-13 for which James Valleroy created an issue on 2023-04-04 resulted in a commit that disables snapshots by default. The GitWeb manual section on the FreedomBox Debian wiki page was updated to note how to enable the snapshot feature if required.
2023-W15-1, 2023-100, Mon
- I added more items to Bibliographic identifiers such as DOI, PubMed ID, and ISBN.
- Noted that Internet Archive took over the original PURL service from OCLC in 2016.
- (01:29+00): I created a page describing Standard Generalized Markup Language (SGML), the predecessor to XML and inspiration for HTML since Keith E. Shafer, an OCLC researcher, worked on a tool called Fred: The SGML Grammar Builder Project which aimed to automatically create Document type definitions (DTDs; basically, a rough predecessor to XML Schemas) given tagged data lacking a DTD.
2023-W15-2, 2023-101, Tue
- I added journal month pages (e.g. 1851-05) and daily redirect pages to said month pages (e.g. 1851-05-01). I also ran a script from BK-2020-03 to create month pages containing sections for each date with ISO 8601 week numbers and day-of-year numbers (albeit not wikilinks); the php import process is likely to take some time to finish on the machine currently running the reboil.com wiki.
2023-W15-3, 2023-102, Wed
2023-W15-4, 2023-103, Thu
2023-W15-5, 2023-104, Fri
2023-W15-6, 2023-105, Sat
- I created pages for John Adams Whipple and William Cranch Bond who worked to create the first widely viewed daguerreotype (a type of early photograph) of the moon since it won a prize at the 1851 Great Exhibition in London which opened on 1851-05-01.
2023-W15-7, 2023-106, Sun
2023-W16-1, 2023-107, Mon
- I created the page Diaeresis (diacritic) in order to record a list of words I've found that could benefit from the addition of the diacritical mark known as a diaeresis (a.k.a. dieresis), especially when verbal communication of word pronunciation is not immediately possible.
- 13:32-07 (20:32+00): I posted a link to Diaeresis (diacritic) on my twit.social Mastodon page with a screenshot of the current state of the word frequency table and a link to a git bundle containing a snapshot of the code and corpus I used to generate the word frequency numbers.
2023-W16-2, 2023-108, Tue
2023-W16-3, 2023-109, Wed
2023-W16-4, 2023-110, Thu
2023-W16-5, 2023-111, Fri
2023-W16-6, 2023-112, Sat
2023-W16-7, 2023-113, Sun
2023-W17-1, 2023-114, Mon
2023-W17-2, 2023-115, Tue
2023-W17-3, 2023-116, Wed
2023-W17-4, 2023-117, Thu
2023-W17-5, 2023-118, Fri
2023-W17-6, 2023-119, Sat
2023-W17-7, 2023-120, Sun
- Valleroy, James. (2023-04-04). “gitweb: Disable snapshot feature”. Accessed 2023-04-04. Archived from the original on 2023-04-05.
- Aasa, Veiko; Adapa, Sunil Mohan. (2023-04-09). “gitweb: Disable snapshot feature”. salsa.debian.org. Accessed 2023-04-10. Archived from the original on 2023-04-10.
- “FreedomBox Manual GitWeb”. (2023-04-09). wiki.debian.org. Archived from the original on 2023-04-10.