Journal for 2023-03. Preceded by 2023-02. Followed by 2023-04.
2023-W09-3, 2023-060, Wed
2023-W09-4, 2023-061, Thu
2023-W09-5, 2023-062, Fri
2023-W09-6, 2023-063, Sat
2023-W09-7, 2023-064, Sun
2023-W10-1, 2023-065, Mon
2023-W10-2, 2023-066, Tue
2023-W10-3, 2023-067, Wed
2023-W10-4, 2023-068, Thu
2023-W10-5, 2023-069, Fri
2023-W10-6, 2023-070, Sat
2023-W10-7, 2023-071, Sun
- 15:08-07 (23:08+00): Made the reboil.com wiki public via the Plinth interface. Baltakatei initialized User:Baltakatei/Journals page, setting up wikilinks to monthly journals for Baltakatei. Created the Template:bk shortcut.
- (02:08+00): Update Template:bkj to v0.1.2 to accept zero, one, or two arguments.
2023-W11-1, 2023-072, Mon
- 09:40-07 (16:40+00): Creating Factorio page.
- (19:01+00): Created Citation styles page. Tested out the Cite extension by using
- (19:07+00): Imported BK:bk4 wiki content to BK:Unicode notes.
- (05:08+00): Posted a suggestion to the FreedomBox Discourse forum regarding disabling reboil.com's GitWeb snapshot feature.
- (06:47+00): Uploaded a wiki icon at File:20230314..reboil.com wiki logo.svg. Used an inverted and colored variant of my "Observe, Integrate, Reticulate" logo. Modifications made using Inkscape
v1.2.2 (b0a8486, 2022-12-01).
- (09:09+00): I described my setup for using OpenTimestamps.
2023-W11-2, 2023-073, Tue
- 13:21-07 (20:21+00): I created a page for EVA-2020-02, my project to make a portable environment data observer.
- (21:02+00): I created a page for chrony, the NTP program used by in EVA-2020-02.
2023-W11-3, 2023-074, Wed
- 13:58-07 (20:58+00): I created the page for Neal Stephenson.
- (06:53+00): I think I found a Facebook mirror of a 2-year memorial video published on YouTube by Kyoto Animation regarding the Kyoto Animation arson fire of 2019.
2023-W11-4, 2023-075, Thu
- 14:24-07 (21:24+00): Created Gregorian calendar and Edward Graham Richards while researching leap year algorithms.
2023-W11-5, 2023-076, Fri
- 21:49-07 (04:49+00): Created Constructed languages after reading this article about fictional “languages” appearing in The Legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy X, and The Sims.
- (06:42+00): Created Antonius Tertius and One-Winged Angel after looking up lyrics for said song.
2023-W11-6, 2023-077, Sat
2023-W11-7, 2023-078, Sun
2023-W12-1, 2023-079, Mon
2023-W12-2, 2023-080, Tue
- Imported Anathem from bk4. Created Inflation. Created IOLET :: Music from the World of Anathem and its composer David Stutz. Found that Stutz had recently created a Substack page and posted content related to IOLET. I posted a reply indicating my interest in preserving files related to IOLET.
2023-W12-3, 2023-081, Wed
Imported Internet Archive from bk4.
2023-W12-4, 2023-082, Thu
Trying the Strict Scrutiny podcast as a replacement for Opening Arguments, following a recommendation from the /r/OpenArgs subreddit.
2023-W12-5, 2023-083, Fri
- 14:11-07 (21:11+00): Giving Google Bard a try. Agreed to some terms: Google Terms of Service and Generative AI Additional Terms of Service.
2023-W12-6, 2023-084, Sat
2023-W12-7, 2023-085, Sun
- 13:01-07 (20:01+00): Imported Banished from the Hero's Party from bk4.
- (05:24+00): BK-2020-09: Updated the Wikipedia articles for The Markup and Julia Angwin after reading an article from The Markup about conflict of interest problems with DNA profiling software companies in the context of criminal investigations; I hadn't heard of The Markup before and saw its Wikipedia page had some issues.
2023-W13-1, 2023-086, Mon
2023-W13-2, 2023-087, Tue
- 24:26-07 (07:26+00): I scraped the Authors Guild member pages into CSV and ODS spreadsheet files. I found approximately 7985 author pages. See this git bundle for scripts used to assemble these files. I did so after wondering who exactly supported the Authors Guild which is against the Internet Archive lending digital copies of books after reading an NPR article about Internet Archive recently losing a case against publishers.
2023-W13-3, 2023-088, Wed
- BK-2023-03: Pushed git repo for Authors Guild work to reboil.com GitWeb here. Improved some of the scripts.
2023-W13-4, 2023-089, Thu
- (23:00+00): I learned that Donald Trump was indicted with regard to the Stormy Daniels election fraud case.
- I posted about the indictment on my Mastodon account, linking the highest quality version of the “Cliffhangers” minigame music (from The Price is Right) which is called “On The Franches Mountains” and performed by the Jura Orchestra in 1957.
2023-W13-5, 2023-090, Fri
- ↑ Baltakatei. (2023-03-13). “GitWeb snapshot requests cause low memory”. FreedomBox Forum. Accessed 2023-03-13. Archived from the original on 2023-03-14.
- ↑ Kirchner, Lauren. (2021-03-09). “Powerful DNA Software Used in Hundreds of Criminal Cases Faces New Scrutiny”. themarkup.org. Accessed 2023-03-26. Archived on 2021-03-09.
- ↑ Hernandez, Joe. (2023-03-26). “A judge sided with publishers in a lawsuit over the Internet Archive's online library”. NPR. Accessed 2023-03-28. Archived from the original on 2023-03-28.
- ↑ Protess, Ben; Bromwich, Jonah E.; Rashbaum, William K.; Christobek|Kate; Schweber, Nate; Piccoli, Sean. (2023-03-30). “Donald Trump Is Indicted in New York: Live Updates”. New York Times. Accessed 2023-03-30T23:55+00. Archived from the original on 2023-03-30T23:34+00.
- ↑ “On The Franches Mountains - Jura Orchestra (Price is Right yodeler song)”. (2021). ANNICTIVE PUBLIC DOMAIN. Youtube.com. Accessed 2023-03-31.
- ↑ BradOlson. (2016-05-25). “On The Franches Mountains - Jura Orchestra (1957 recording)”. Steve Hoffman Forums. Accessed 2023-03-30. “Since 1976, the Price Is Right has been using this recording as their theme to the "Cliff Hangers" pricing game. (video). Did you know that this was recorded by the Jura Orchestra in 1957 in Switzerland on a Capitol LP called "Swiss Mountain Music?" Yes indeed it is true and here is the LP cover and the name of the song is "On The Franches Mountains." ”.
- ↑ The Jura Orchestra. “On the Franches Mountains”. Swiss Mountain Music. (1957). Capitol Records. 1 audio disc : analog, 33 1/3 rpm, mono; 12 in. OCLC: 221191101. Track note: “Jura Bernois Country Dance With Yodelling”. Archived from the original on 2020-03-21.